There was an avalanche up here last weekend. A lady died. What did I learn from that? Be careful, stay off those Northern to Eastern slopes that are greater than 30%. I almost lead us up one last night that was about 45%, but then I saw the breaks and slides higher up and thought better of it.
Last night was the monthly full moon snowshoe hike that I lead. Can you believe it? People are naive enough to follow me around in the woods, at night!
We started with six of us, including a 13 year old girl. We cruised up Bowman Lake road, off to Fuller Lake and out to an overlook where we could see Signal Peak, Hwy 80 and the valley around Spaulding Lake.
Here is a pic of a few of the folks that joined me last night. They include Dave, Erin and Adam.
No comments:
Post a Comment