I'm exhausted.
Erin and I skied about 10 miles on Monday. I rode to work Tuesday and then rode about three hours that night. I rode to work again today. That was borderline "a chore." Coming up Red Dog Road was incredible strenuous today.
My commute to work goes along the Cascade Canal, a dirt double track that runs almost flat for 5 miles. At one point there is a great view of Nevada City, the hills West of that and then, about 90 miles across the valley to the snow covered mountains near Clearlake. A great view, a great way to start the day.
There is a great article in the new DirtRag about Wilderness. It's an arguement on how Congress did not intend to exclude bicycles, it's just they were not around when the Wilderness act was created. Check it out.
"Over the last decade, mountain bikers have become some of the nation's most sophisticated and savvy outdoors advocates, forming organizations that represent the interests of 45 million cyclists through more that 450 local advocacy organizations. Think of all of the energy currently harnessed to limit the impact of Wilderness on cycling if it could be used to fight for expanding Wilderness areas. The natural alliance between mountain bikers and groups like the Sierra Club and Wilderness Society would open up a whole new realm of lobbying for Wilderness support. It would be a new ball game and Team Wilderness would be stronger than ever."
And now for the Communion thing. Just when I was starting to like the Pope again... he was saying stuff like war is wrong, we need peace, etc. Good stuff man, good stuff. You go Pope! Then he went and said that gay marriage is evil.
I'm sure to not vote for him again.
1 comment:
What the world needs is more Buddhists. You never hear the Dalai Lama running around declaring this or that "evil", do you? Well, maybe war, but that's about it. I hear he also digs cycling.
Post a Comment