Friday, February 23, 2007

So, what now?

Well, politics have slowed down a bit, Finx and I are less pissed at the administration since they keep shooting themselves in the collective foot. So,how about something interesting and personal?
It snowed yesterday. The first snow we've had all year, we've been in a drought. Since it was snowing I decided to arrive at work late and take the long way into work. After and hour and a half I arrived at work with frozen hands and a feeling of accomplishment. The bike did great on the roads, much better than the cars were doing.


A view of town just minutes before I started out on my exploratory ride.



Heading up Banner Mountain Trail, a road that goes by the gun club, starts as pavement and turns to gravel.


I set the bike down for a few minutes to take a look at the map and snap a few pictures. It didn't take long for the bike to get covered in snow.


This is one of the pictures I took. This is a pacific yew, a relatively rare tree in these parts.


I found some new, albeit short, sections of trail on the route.


As I was coming down a road into town all the cars had stopped. I rode past them and came across this cluster-fuck. So, I snapped a picture and road right through it as they struggled to straighten their hulks of metal. Feels good to be on the bike.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! a new post :) thank you sweetie.
so you didn't slip around at all on the roads? *lizzy

finx said...

Vudu's back, sweet! I remember in the days of me actually my bike, I would sit on the top of some hill somewhere in LA and look down at all the the traffic and congestion and think "Damn I'm glad I'm not down there, stuck!".

Guess I gotta get unstuck and head for the hills, right Brother Sprocket?

nikoline said...

You are the coolest! I love these pictures and feel like I rode to work with you! Seemed like such an adventure - I particularly think the Pacific Yew photo adds a nice touch.