With all of the Tech that swirls around my life, I've found a new love for all things simple and messy. With that in mind I share with you some photos I took with a camera I bought that can only be described as "cheap". Not cheap in the sense of "Oh, I could've gone for the leather interior, but opted for vinyl" type cheap. No, we're talkin "I coulda rode the bus, but opted to tie a rope to it's bumper and drag myself there instead". I bring you... the Holga. This thing looks like it came out of a crackerjack box. It's made of cheap plastic, it has light leaks like you wouldn't believe, and the shutter springs with the least satisfying noise I've ever heard from a camera... ever. I love it.
I love it because unlike digital photos, what comes out looks like nothing you could've seen with your naked eye. It's almost always half photochemistry and half magic (with some luck thrown in for good measure).
The Exploritorium in San Francisco is one of my all time favorite buildings.
The Holga is the best way to do weird double exposures.
So, for now I'm going to embrace my photographic imperfections. The rest of my imperfections will just have to wait.
4 comments:
you captured the aurora borealis in SF!
i really like the pics finn, bueno!
your most charming post. i want more like these that demonstrate your poetic flair to balance out your outraged vocals for the state of the world today.
Thanks e! This camera sure does make things look like they from another world.
I couldn't agree with you more Anon (Gigi), the Dispatch also misses your vocals ringing out here too!
wow! Love those - so eerily beautiful - the top one is my fave for sure. More, more, I want one, pleeeeeeease.
Post a Comment